Monday, August 31, 2009

Being single and 52 years old

First, I don't mind being single; I had to learn how to be okay with that, and I have...BUT it would be nice to have someone to share my day with, to go to the movies with, to have a converation with. Not asking too much!
The men that are my age are looking for women that are twenty years old, with the body of a boy-plus-boobs, that is not me. By their criteria, I would only be attractive to men that are twenty years older than me; and I am not ready for that. They got older, why can't I?
As I have gotten older, I have come to realize that the double-standard that I grew up with is alive and well, actually thriving in this modern politically correct era. Politically correct only as it applies, once again; to the male populice!

Not trying to be negative, not wanting to be bitter; but it really is ridiculous how little things have really changed.

I am 52. I have gained some weight over the years, I am not perfect. I still have the same brain and the same personality that was so magnetic just a few years ago, but now that is not enough. How dare I age? How dare I expect for my male counterparts to have to accept that someone they once considered a 10 to now be lowered on their scales simplt because I did what they did, I got older!

No comments:

Post a Comment